My presentation from the Brisbane Agile Meetup in May 2013 called “Scrum Masters: The Full Time Role Conundrum” is available on Slideshare.
A replay of the talk delivered by Craig Smith at the recent Scrum Australia gathering in Sydney
The Scrum Guide defines the Scrum Team as being made up of three primary roles: Product Owner, Development Team and Scrum Master. The role of the Scrum Master is often misunderstood, particularly by management, so often questions start to get asked such as “can I share the Scrum Master across teams”, “can the Scrum Master do Project Management” and “can the role be rotated”?
In this talk we will take a look at some of the misconceptions around the Scrum Master role, discuss how it fits into the organisational structure and tackle the age-old question of whether the Scrum Master is a full time role. We will also look at an improvement plan template to help Scrum Masters improve in their role.
Here are some comments from Meetup:
- Great presentation. Definitely good value (Gustavo)
- Very good presentation. Good value. (Wilfred Brimblecombe)
- Interesting subject, nice presso, Craig good value. Great presso, good job Craig. Also brill venue – good old Suncorp. (Derek Walsh)
- Great presentation, thanks. (Chris Fortuin)
- Impressive presentation, invaluable advice. (Carlos Augusto de Oliveira)
- Craig did a great job putting together and presenting his scrum-master-view-of-the-world presso… (Juan)