- Author of machine Language programming books “Programming the Apple IIGS in Assembly Language” and “Programming the 65816“
- Managing the Finder team at Apple – hired for stellar C++ coding ability and customer empathy
- Software development is a team sport – including QA, a dedicated product manager / product owner and designers
- After Dark and Flying Toasters at Berkeley Systems
- “Managing the Unmnageable” is 9 chapters and around 300 rules of thumb and nuggets of wisdom (the creamy centre), the tools used to manage software development teams plus the authors own insights
- There were very few books (7 at the time) on managing software developers (unlike project management and agile)
- Fred Brooks – “The Mythical Man-Month“
- Situational Leadership – opens your…
View original post 220 more words
- Go to System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts> App Shortcuts
- Click +
- Application: Microsoft Outlook.app
- Menu Title: Close
- Click: fn + ESC
- The Heart of Agile Academy is the opportunity to reset Agile learning with a clean sheet of paper
- The core design decisions were to remove the classes being tied to a title and to be better at the specialities that make up the Heart of Agile
- Heart of Agile is just four words or focus areas: Collaborate, Deliver, Reflect and Improve
- Alistair and Ahmed Sidky tried to solve this problem in 2010 when they launched ICAgile
- There are over 3,000 different certification programs for Agile
- The Academy has courses at different levels that are taught by Agile experts from around the world (and in multiple languages)
- There is an accreditation ladder and process for bringing on new courses and trainers
- Designed to be a marketplace for Agile classes and open…
View original post 19 more words
Agile Alliance stands firmly and wholeheartedly in support of the Black community, and in the ongoing fight for racial justice and equity around the world. Racial injustice has no place in our organization and our community.
As we are committed to supporting people who explore and apply Agile, valuing “individuals and interactions” is at the core of what we do. This idea goes beyond our work in software — it’s the basis of human dignity itself.
Source: We Support the Black Community
After much reflection, the Agile Alliance Board of Directors has made the very difficult decision that Agile2020 — the largest annual global gathering of Agile practitioners — will not be reshaped into a virtual conference. We are unable to replicate the premier international event for the advancement of Agile software development in an online environment and foster the immersive experience that attendees from more than 50 countries treasure year after year.
Source: Agile2020 Will Not Move Online
Craig, Renee and Tony catch up with old friend and “irregular” guest Adam Weisbart about Agile Virtual Summit, Recess retrospectives, Build Your Own Scrum and making your own pizza.
- Renee realised Washington state is nowhere near Washington, DC
- Agile Virtual Summit 1-5 June 2020 – a collection of great speakers and registration is free!
- Distributed retrospectives – important that people give a voice-over to the items that they add
- Tips for Remote Agile ceremonies – recreate being in the same room with technology as much as possible, avoid the asynchronous Slack bots, actually standup,
- At Slack, you are not allowed to hold a meeting via Slack!
- Recess – retrospectives in a box!
- Making virtual retrospectives fun – change them up, craft retrospectives into a story (Recess does this), remember the future (where would you be if you had the most awesome sprint ever)
- The next thing in Agile just…
View original post 66 more words
One of the strengths of the agile approach to delivery is flexibility in responding to changing circumstances, and there is no better example of this than the current lockdown. I’m sure you have heard the political adage: “Don’t waste a good crisis.” which allows us to reflect on how ways of working are currently being impacted. The Agile Brisbane community joined Tony, Craig and Renee for this online fireside chat to explore concepts around the state of agile now, and what we can carry over to the post-COVID world.
- A lot of organisations are shifting their strategy and looking to digital in a stronger way than they did before
- Remote amplifies everything you do when you interact with…
View original post 256 more words
The Agile Alliance Board of Directors has unanimously decided that the physical Agile2020 conference cannot take place. Our first priority is the health and safety of all. Our mission has not changed and we are exploring avenues for the Agile community to share the program that has been recently announced. We don’t yet know what that looks like. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate this new reality.
Source: Agile2020 Update
- Reminiscing about Barry’s resume that includes CitySearch (and its competitor Zip2 owned by Elon Musk), Snake, Wireless Pets on Nokia and Lilo & Stitch using J2ME and eventually onto ThoughtWorks
- Lean Enterprise was written after “The Lean Startup” was released but to explain how it works if you are not a startup and increase experimentation in organisations
- When people can design good disciplined experiments, you have system to break down problems and grow your system and people
- Fortune 15 executives and successful startup leaders don’t sit around and ask “if we are doing the framework correctly”- they have their own system, in the same way as Toyota created their…
View original post 181 more words