Tony, Renee, Craig and special guest host Tyson Nutt catchup with David Marquet, author of “Turn The Ship Around!” and the “Turn Your Ship Around” companion workbook at the Agile Australia conference and talk about how similar a nuclear submarine and an Agile team really are:
- leadership is not about telling people what to do and how to do it
- all investments in human beings are long term
- the approach spread from the bottom up, now the book is on the official reading list of two Navy’s (including New Zealand)
- “I intend to” does not mean they get to do it – gives psychological ownership and to spark the conversation
- thinking out loud is about saying what is going on in our head, this even works when teaching your children how to drive!
- feed the beast – don’t respond by hiding, feed them with as…
View original post 212 more words