After much reflection, the Agile Alliance Board of Directors has made the very difficult decision that Agile2020 — the largest annual global gathering of Agile practitioners — will not be reshaped into a virtual conference. We are unable to replicate the premier international event for the advancement of Agile software development in an online environment and foster the immersive experience that attendees from more than 50 countries treasure year after year.
Source: Agile2020 Will Not Move Online
The Agile Alliance Board of Directors has unanimously decided that the physical Agile2020 conference cannot take place. Our first priority is the health and safety of all. Our mission has not changed and we are exploring avenues for the Agile community to share the program that has been recently announced. We don’t yet know what that looks like. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate this new reality.
Source: Agile2020 Update
- Remote work is suddenly the new normal due to the impact of COVID-19, and many teams are not fully ready for the change
- The spread of agile ideas into other areas of organizations continues—business agility is becoming much more than just a buzzword
- At the practices level, Wardley Mapping is one of the few truly new ideas that have come into this space recently. Invented by Simon Wardley in 2005, they are gaining traction because they are truly a powerful tool for making sense of complexity.
- The depth of impact that computing technology has on society has heightened the focus on ethical behavior and the move towards creating an ethical framework for software development, as well as growing concern in the environmental impact the industry has.
- Diversity and inclusion efforts are moving forward, with a long way still to go
- Practices and approaches that result in more humanistic workplaces, where people can express their whole selves, are recognized as important for attracting and retaining the best people and result in more sustainably profitable organizations
Source: Software Teams and Teamwork Trends Report Q1 2020