Mik Kersten talks about current and future trends in ALM and the support for approaches like large scale Agile, DevOps, Docker, Big Data, functional languages and the Internet of Things.
Bas Vodde and Craig Larman on Large Scale Scrum
Bas Vodde and Craig Larman talk about Large Scale Scrum (LeSS), its origins, and the focus on simplicity, as well as the corresponding website and their new book “Large-Scale Scrum: More with LeSS”.
Episode 81: Resetting Agile & Devops with Justin Hennessy
Sitting in a sometimes noisy coffee shop on a unusually cold Brisbane day, Craig sits down for a chat with Justin Hennessy, a Scrum Master, Devops and System Administrator all rolled into one!
- “An Agile Team Reset” article on the Scrum Alliance
- The High Performance Tree by Lyssa Adkins
- resetting awesome
- early Agile experience shaped by “User Stories Applied” by Mike Cohn
- “Coaching Agile Teams” by Lyssa Adkins reshapes the way of thinking about about teams
- Agile in Adelaide versus Agile in Brisbane
- Coaching Circles with Lyssa Adkins
- Devops is more of a culture than a title
- being a Scrum Master on a single team is hard and the full-time role debate
- infrastructure has become a form of coding in itself
- infrastructure resource as part of a core Agile team
- better management and testing of configuration artefacts, unit testing and CI frameworks
- infrastructure deployment tools are often just another…
View original post 24 more words
Episode 72: Shipping at Facebook with Joel Pobar
From YOW! 2013, Craig and Renee talk to Joel Pobar, currently working at Facebook as an Engineering Lead and talk about:
- Joel’s journey to Facebook
- Common Language Runtime (CLR)
- Building and shipping fast
- The value of a developers time and their critical paths
- A day in the life of a Facebook manager
- Who is the Product Owner in an infrastructural team?
- A/B (experimentation) testing in New Zealand
- Stabalisation and release process
- Recruiting the right people
- Pulling out the sharpies when pivoting on PHP
- Striving for infrastructural efficiency and how to empower the team to this goal
- Owning the stack from the bottom to the top and its impact on agility
- Checkout HHVM, the Facebook Engineering Blog & Open Compute
You can contact Joel at facebook or on twitter at @joelpob.
The Agile Revolution- 72 (41 minutes)
You must be logged in to post a comment.